Skip to main content

As a landlord, homeowner, and letting agent, you’re always looking for ways to make your job easier.

Fortunately, EcoGreen Electrical is in your corner.

EcoGreen Electrical was born out of necessity from our clients approaching us and asking if we could help them out with all the certification needed to rent out a property due to our efficiency of supplying them with electrical certification and compliance when they required it.

We now offer all certification for Homeowners, Landlords and Letting Agents to help them all regain their time for the things that matter.

We’re here to help you save time and money when it comes to certifying your property with all the following tests and certificates.

1. Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)

This report is required by all landlords every 5 years to confirm the safety of your electrical system in all rental properties. It checks for:

  • Overloading circuits
  • Shock and fire risk
  • Earthing and bonding
  • RCD devices & more

2. Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

All landlords and letting agents must have an EPC to rent out their property. This certificate is produced by a domestic energy assessor (DEA) and lasts 10 years from the date of certification. Ring us today for a low-cost EPC.


3. Gas Safety Certificate (GSC)

A gas safety certificate is required every 12 months for a property to be rented. EcoGreen Energy Group will come to your property and check your gas appliances and pipeline to ensure everything is up to code. If required, we’ll provide you a CP12 gas safety certificate as part of the landlord compliance services.


4. Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)

All appliances must be PAT tested every 12 months to ensure they remain in good working order. The test checks earth continuity, lead polarity, and insulation resistance of the appliance.

Here are the acts and regulations PAT testing complies with:

  • Health and Safety Act 1974
  • The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
  • The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
  • The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
  • The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
  • General Legislative Guidance


5. Boiler Service (BSE)

According to UK law, landlords are legally responsible for repairs to heating, hot water, gas appliances, pipes, flues, ventilation, wiring, and sanitary fittings. This means any repairs to the boiler are also on you. The Landlord and Tenant Act (1985) also requires that you keep the system in good repair and working order. As such, you should have annual gas safety checks performed by a registered engineer.


6. Smoke Alarm Checks (SAC)

The UK government requires smoke alarms to be installed on every storey as they’re an essential safety feature in any property. During your smoke alarm check, the following will be tested:

  • Smoke and heat alarm placement
  • Installation methods and smoke testing
  • Alignment with new regulations

: A heat alarm does NOT replace a smoke alarm. You must also have smoke alarms installed.

Final Thoughts

EcoGreen Electrical is your one-stop-shop for all these services. Instead of hiring different contractors for each check, you can get all your services done in the same place. Visit EcoGreen Energy Group for more information.

Leave a Reply